Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Bingo, Pookie, and Mrs. Pretty Kitty Fancy Pants

Hello all,
Everyone that knows me is very aware that I LOVE my dog Gus so much! As an animal lover, and "nutritional genius" (One of my clients actually called me that), I thought it would be appropriate to talk a little bit about what our furry friends eat.  I hear a great deal about cats and dogs with skin conditions.  If one of my clients has a skin condition or allergy, generally we will experiment with an elimination diet until we discover what the culprit is.  Like humans, a lot of animals have sensitivity to grains.  Before dogs and cats were domesticated, you didn't find them consuming corn or wheat or barley.  If your pet has skin problems, or GI issues, I recommend trying grain free food until your take them to the vet and start spending $60-$100 a month for allergy shots.  Two types of grain free food I recommend are Nature's Select Grain Free and Primal Pet.  When switching over to new feed, please do it gradually.  Another option is to go with a raw food diet.  Many dogs and cats thrive on raw eggs, fish, meats, bone marrow, liver, and bone broth.  Questions? Comments? Fire away!
Hugs,
Brooke

 Natural Pet Food ( free delivery to some locations)

Primal Pet Foods

No comments:

Post a Comment